Associate Members: The parents or guardians of a Playing Member in all the Junior and Youth Grades, as recorded on the application for membership, automatically become Associate Members of the Club and are entitled to vote at any General Meeting of the Club – Subscription cost: NIL
For promotional and coaching purposes SNLCC may take photos and videos of members. If you DO NOT wish SNLCC to use images of yourself or your children, please let the club manager know in writing to email@example.com
Any playing member who has outstanding fees payable will forfeit the right to play for any other club team until full payment is received by SNLCC, their details will be added to the shared ACA list of non-players.
Code of Conduct
“The spirit of cricket is, of course, about the behaviour of players on the field – acceptance of decisions, respect for one another, integrity. But it is also about an enthusiasm for the game; not just aggression but also to share a sense of fun. And fun is what life is all about.” — Martin Crowe, MCC Cowdrey lecture 2006.
SNLCC takes a dim view of players and teams that do not play in line with the MCC Spirit of Cricket Guidelines, ( https://www.lords.org/mcc/the-laws-of-cricket/preamble-to-the-laws-spirit-of-cricket ) and this includes parents of Junior Players. By registering at our club, you agree to follow the following guidelines and will be subject to any SNLCC or ACA Disciplinary Decisions.
COACHES AND PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Promote enjoyment at all times for everybody participating in the game – ensure that the time players spend with you is a positive experience.
- Set a good example of conduct that young people will follow – actions speak louder than words.
- Show appreciation for other volunteer coaches, parents, and supporters of both the players and the game.
- Show respect at all times for umpires’ decisions and educate players to do so accordingly.
- Have consideration for the views of others and remember that the players are involved in cricket for their enjoyment, not for the satisfaction of others.
- Place emphasis on teamwork, and the players’ efforts and overall performance, and never ridicule any player for mistakes or for losing a match.
- Ensure that every player participates in the game equally, and give the same time, attention, and opportunities to everyone.
PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Always play by the rules and within the “Spirit of Cricket”.
- Display sportsmanship towards the opposition and respect for the umpires.
- Treat everybody involved in the game as you would like to be treated yourself.
- Always show respect for other players’ rights and self-worth regardless of their gender, ability, religion, or ethnicity.
- Play to your potential and always work together with your teammates.
- Enjoy the competition and the fulfilment of achievement and success.
UMPIRES CODE OF CONDUCT
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all participants in the game at all times.
- Officiate according to the governing rules and regulations according to the grade of cricket being played.
- Make consistent decisions and be courteous towards all players, coaches, parents and teachers.
- Place emphasis on the spirit of the game and stress the importance of sportsmanship.
- Set an example of behaviour and conduct that others will look up to – actions speak louder than words.
- Denounce unsporting behaviour and encourage all participants to perform to the best of their ability.
- Always display equality and fairness towards both teams.
- Compliment and encourage all participants.