When does the season start?
Whilst there is still a chance that Covid-19 Lockdown will delay the start of the season, our expectations are that it will start on time.
• Midgets: Friday 6th November.
• All Junior & Youth teams: Saturday 31st October.
When does training start?
Immediately after the October School Holidays.
Where are trainings held?
Unless otherwise stated – Ken Maunder Park, usually in the indoor centre, but on occasion on the fields outside.
What days are training held?
• Midgets: No training, actual sessions from 5pm-6.30pm
• Girls: Monday 4.30 – 5.30pm.
• Years 3 & 4: Thursday 4-5pm.
• Under 10: Wednesday 4-5pm.
• Under 11: Wednesday 5-6pm.
• Under 13: Wednesday 6-7pm.
• Under 15: Monday 7-8pm.
• Under 17 & 19: Monday 8-9pm.
What are my playing options?
Boys Playing Options:
- Year 3,4 Saturday morning only
- Under 10,11 Saturday morning only
- Under 12, 13 T20 Saturday morning or Limited Overs (30) Saturday afternoon or T20 Thurs 5pm
- Under 15 T20 Saturday morning or Thursdays 5pm
- Under 17 T20 Saturday afternoon or Wednesday 5pm
- Under 19 T20 Saturday afternoon
- Summer Series
- U17 T20 multi-day tournament in January
- U15 LO’s Sundays between November and end of January
- U15 T20 multi-day tournament in January
- U13 LO’s Sundays between November and end of January
Girls Playing Options:
- Under 16 T20 Saturday morning
- Under 13 T20 Tuesday pm
- Under 13 T20 Saturday morning
- Under 13 Softball Friday pm
- Under 11 T20 Saturday morning
- Under 11 Soft Ball Friday pm
How are teams selected?
Our aim is to keep teams and friends together to enjoy the fun aspect of the game. Let us know if you have any specific requests and we will endeavour to meet them.
Can Under 5’s play?
Yes, if they turn 5 years of age during the season.
What is the cut off age date?
Where do we get the playing polo shirt from?
Cricket Express, please see below for more detail.
Is all equipment supplied?
Juniors – yes. Though players must provide their own playing trousers, white trousers are available from Cricket Express.
Can we play in more than 1 grade?
Is there a family discount?
Yes, please see the registration fee document. This discount can only be applied when paying by online direct banking.
Can we pay in instalments?
Yes, but this needs to be approved by the Club Manager and an automatic payment needs to be set up. You can do this online, or we have forms available.
What are the registration costs?
- Youth Cricket (Under 16,17 & Under 19): $180.00
- Junior Cricket (Under 10/12/13/14): $160.00
- Year 3-4 Cricket: $160.00
- Midgets Cricket: $95.00
- Girls U11, U13, U16: $130.00
- Each subsequent family member: $100.00
A 50% discount applies to the above prices for all girls’ registrations.
Welcome to Suburbs New Lynn Cricket Club. We are delighted that you are joining the Junior Club!
If you are a new member as part of your membership you receive a free cap. This will be provided to you by your team coach prior to your first game. If you are an existing member and you have lost your cap you can ask your coach for a new one. Alternatively, Cricket Express have caps, wide brim hats and bucket hats available for purchase.
This year we have signed with a supplier for a ‘new and improved’ coloured playing shirt for all junior cricket.
The recommended retail price of the shirts is $44.00 for size #4 – #14 and $49.00 #XS – 3XL To help members with the cost of purchasing their shirt SNLCC has absorbed some of the cost by keeping fees as their reduced rates, a discount $15.00 and Cricket Express is offering a loyalty programme. Sign up as a SNLCC member and earn points as you spend, you will then receive a voucher of $25 (20% discount) when you reach 250 points. Please remember, when making any purchase at Cricket Express to say you are from SNLCC to receive a 10% discount throughout the year, and for the club to get a rebate.