Below are some of the regular questions from teams wishing to play for Suburbs New Lynn Cricket Club. Hopefully, your questions are answered here, otherwise feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any discounts?
Suburbs fees are already some of the lowest in Auckland, so generally we don’t offer additional discounts. However, if the team pays in full before the 1st October there is a $100 discount.
Does the fee cover the entire season?
Unless you sign up for a half season only, the fees cover the team until the end of the 2020/21 season.
When we pay and register, do you need any further details from our side; like player names, etc? Should we sign up individually or as a single team?
You have two options:
One person (Captain or Manager) registers the team and collates and sends through a single payment on behalf of all other players. BUT at some stage all of your team will need to raise their own CricHQ Profiles – for scoring/stats purposes. The easiest way is if they register individually, but in the note section add your team name, so that I know to deduct any individual payments, and obviously if there is a single payment coming they should NOT pay. The Captain or Manager should then let me know their names and date of births, so that I can make sure they aren’t charged twice.
Secondly, you could chose to let all your team members sign up and pay individually (so that you aren’t having to worry about chasing them for money) again they should add a note again with the team name, and I will link you all up into a team.
What will the club provide us upon registration?
On registration the club will pay all team affiliation fees to ACA. We will provide all match balls.
You also get 90 mins use of the indoor centre each week (availability allowing).
Plus the Club will provide a gear bag which will include at the minimum:
- 4 Stumps
- 3 bails
- Wicket gloves
- If availability allows we will also add pads as well.
Please note we do not provide scorebooks as (as per ACA’s request) we are encouraging all to score online at CricHQ this can be done on i-pads or phones (please note the club does not provide these).
What is our home ground?
Ken Maunder Park, 34 Binsted Road, New Lynn.
Are there any catering options for lunches?
The Club has an extensive kitchen, with a great menu and very helpful caterers. Order your meal before the game starts, ready during the lunch break.
At what stage will we get to know the grade we will play in?
We will always do our best to get you in the grade you want, but the final decision is Auckland Cricket’s and depends on the number of teams entered for the season.
Below is the email sent from Dean at Auckland Cricket. It may give you a better understanding of their process. At the bottom, it states that we won’t have confirmed grades until October. Please note that NO club, other than the one the team was registered with last year can make any guarantees.
For Senior One Day Grades:
- At the end of last season, two teams (highest two teams) are promoted and two teams are relegated (lowest two-teams) – see attached list for initial grading, teams highlighted in green have been promoted, and those in orange have been relegated.
- Note as per the One Day Forum the number of teams who get promoted or relegated was increased to two, this is reflected in the General Playing Conditions.
- The club has first right to the spot their team earned from the 19/20 season (as shown in the spreadsheet).
- If the club cannot fill that spot, it will then go to a new club/team.
- If you have a new team entering or a team that has changed clubs, please enter their requested grade via our team entries, and we will try and place them as close to possible as wanted, however, cannot promise, effectively they will be granted the ‘next spot available’.
- If you have a new team coming in and an old team going out, the new team can replace the old team and their spot, as long as they are from the same club.
- Team entries open in September, Leah will send instructions and the link to do so closer to the time.
Essentially, only teams returning (for the same club) have a guaranteed spot in their grade as per last season, and we will work with all new teams or teams who have changed clubs to get their desired grade, however, cannot promise.
Note final grading is subject to ACA and will be confirmed in October.
Can we pay in instalments?
You can but need to organise this in advance with the Club Manager. This option is available through automatic payment only, you can manage this online through your bank account, or we have forms available.
What playing options are available?
- Grade cricket – all formats, mostly Saturdays from 11.00am
- One Day grades – Saturdays from 12.30pm onwards
- Saturday from 3.15pm (more competitive)
- Sunday from 3.15pm (more sociable)
- Premier Reserve Women – Saturdays T20 & L/O from 12.30pm
|Membership Fee (GST Inclusive)||Individual||Team|
|Premier Squad incl Reserves Major & Minor Grade||$340|
|Women’s Premier Squad||$160|
|Other Two-Day Grades||$290||$2800|
|One Day Grades||$220||$2350|
|T20 Saturday or Sunday||$160||$1650|
|Half Season T20 Grade||$80||$800|
|Secondary School Leavers||$190|
All senior grade membership fees are due and payable in full no later than 30 October 2020. Instalment payments are available through automatic payment only, forms are available from the club manager.
Discounts and Concessions for Senior Members:
- All women to receive a 50% discount off full registration fees.
- Secondary school student playing senior cricket: $190.00
- University student playing two-day senior cricket: $260.00
- $100 discount of team sub paid in full by 1 October 2020.
- 50% of team sub must be paid by 1 November for the team to be entered.
- Remaining 50% must be paid by 15 December or team will be withdrawn.
The club is developing a refund process for games cancelled due to COVID. This will be for lockdown periods only, when directed by the government. Any personal self-isolation/quarantine etc will not be refunded. We would ask everyone signing up to remember this is a club membership fee NOT a playing fee.